Hello readers, this is our new article on this website. And in this article, you will learn about How to export bookmarks from chrome in just a few minutes. So, if you want to know this then read this article till the end. So without wasting time, let’s start.
Bookmarks are links that allow users to access their most usable or favorite web pages easily and quickly. And this Bookmarks feature is now available in almost every modern browser, so if you want to change your browser, you can export your bookmarks so you do not need to add them manually one by one. Google Chrome bookmarks are stored in its browser settings and users can easily transfer them to any different computers. Also, users of Google Chrome can transfer custom settings and extensions easily between devices. And we want to tell you that this does not require too much effort to do. You should create a backup file of your bookmarks to protect your Google Chrome bookmarks.
We mostly use Google Chrome because this web browser allows its users to back up their bookmarks so they can easily access the bookmarks on any other devices signed in to their account. Here, We will give all of you the simple and best way to back up your Chrome bookmarks on a backup bookmark file, compatible with all browsers.
How to export Google Chrome bookmarks
Users of Google Chrome can easily create a manual backup of their bookmarks. This will put all of them into a single HTML file which you can use to import into another browser or another Chrome profile. Let’s see all those steps that you need to follow for this.
- First of all, you have to open Google Chrome on your device.
- Now, click on the three dots which you can find at the top-right corner of your browser window.
- In the next step, you need to click on the Bookmarks.
- After this, you will select Bookmarks manager, or just press CTRL + Shift + O buttons together on your keyboard.
- Now, you will click on the three dots in the Bookmarks Manager and then click on “Export Bookmarks”.
- After doing all these steps, name the file and select the location where you want to save the file on your device.
- Now, you can send this bookmark file to anyone you want. The person to whom you will send this bookmark can easily import Google Chrome bookmarks into their web browser.
How to Restore Your Chrome Bookmarks
There are two ways to import the exported bookmarks back into the browser in Google Chrome. These two ways do exactly the same thing, so we are going to use the “Import Bookmarks and Settings” tool here.
- Firstly, You need to click on the three dots which you can see in the top-right corner of the browser, hover over “Bookmarks” and then click on the “Import Bookmarks and Settings“.
- Click on the box below “Import Bookmarks and settings”. And now a drop-down menu will appear on your screen, you have to select “Bookmarks HTML File” and then click on the “Choose File”.
- Now you have to select that HTML file from the File Explorer which you previously exported. And then click on the “Open” button.
- If you want to see your bookmarks in the Bookmark bar then make sure to toggle on “Show Bookmarks Bar”. And then you need to click on the “Done” button.
- That’s all you have to do. After closing the dialog, you can see all your bookmarks in a folder on the Bookmark bar. If the Bookmarks bar is disabled then it can be shown in Bookmarks Manager which is labeled “Imported“.
Final words: This is one of the most popular ways to import or export google chrome bookmarks from one device to another device. And I hope after reading this article, now you know How to export bookmarks from chrome in just a few steps. You should share this website link with your friends who also want to know about this. Comment below if you stuck anywhere, we will reply to you as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting our Fullapkpro.