Hello readers, do you want to know “How to insert audio into google slides”? If yes, then this is the best place for you because today, we are going to share with all of you about this. We will explain almost everything about inserting audio into google slides. Let’s start.
Audio in Google Slides
We all know that Music is one of a great way to liven up your Google Slides presentations and keep your audience engaged. By the way, Google Slides doesn’t include support for audio files like Microsoft PowerPoint. But still, we all can add a soundtrack to any slide in Google Slides easily. You only need to read this full article then you will know How to insert audio into google slides. But first, you should look at some of its uses.
Being able to add audio to Google Slides can be used in several ways:
- Reading a story
- Instructing for the Hyperslides project
- Students can explain their problem/solution in audio
- Narrating a slideshow
- Providing spoken feedback on writing
- Users can create an Instructional Presentation
- And much more
Note: The only problem left is the actual recording of the audio. You can add audio easily in Google Slides but there is not a simple built-in recording button, from where you can record your own voice and add in slides. Instead, you need to use another program to record the audio separately then you will save it to the drive and then add it to the slide.
Adding Audio into google slides
Before starting the process, we want to tell you again that Google slides only work with those audio files which are stored in the Google Drive account so you need to upload them in advance. And it only supports .mp3 and .wav formats.
- Firstly, you will open your presentation in the Google Slides and then you will select the slide where you want to insert the music or audio file. If you want to play audio in all slides, you have to add it to the first slide.
- Now, you will click on the Insert button and then click on the Audio option. After that, you will see that a new window has opened on your screen. Please note that this option may not be available in some countries where the update that includes it hasn’t been applied yet.
- And now on the screen, you will see those audio files which are stored in Google Drive. You will choose the one that you want to insert into the presentation on Google Slides and then click Select. Now, an icon will come on the Slide that you will click to get access to the playback function.
For editing the audio, you need to click on the audio icon. After that, you will go to the toolbar and then click on the Format options. As a choice, you can also right-click to the loudspeaker icon, and then you can click on the Format options. Also, you can click on the Format and then Format options. After doing this, you can see that a new panel has opened on the screen’s right side. And in this panel, you can see almost every editing option. Just click on that option and edit your audio.
Insert Online Audio into Google Slide
- Open your presentation in Google Slides and select the slide where you want to add audio. Then insert an image or an icon. We will use this resource to link online audio.
- After that, you will add the link to the online audio. If you do not have any idea How to do it then please see the given GIF image below to know Hot to add Hyperlinks in Google Slides.
- When it will be linked then click on the icon. A new window will appear on the screen where you must have to click on the Play button of the online audio from the specified URL. Some of the audio platforms allow you to generate autoplay sharing links, such as SoundCloud. With that, you only need to click on the icon to play the audio directly.
- If you want to pause the playback then you will need to exit the presentation mode and do it manually.
Insert Audio from YouTube into Google Slides
- Firstly, you will open the presentation in Google Slides and then you will select that slide in which you want to add the audio.
- Now, you have to Insert the video that you want for your presentation. Check the below image, if you don’t know how to add a video in Google Slides.
- You should decrease the size of the video and place it outside the visible part of the slide.
- Now, you will need to go to the video playback options, and then you will set the video to autoplay. To do this, you will right-click to the video and then click on the Format options. After this, you will click on the click the Video playback drop-down arrow and check “Autoplay when presenting”.
Final words: After reading this article, I hope now you clearly understand How to insert audio into google slides and you can try this thing on your PC to add audio whenever you need it. You can comment below if you faced any problem while following these steps. Share this article with your friends who also want to know about this. Thanks for visiting our website.