Hello readers, do you want to know how to make a Google doc landscape? If yes, then this article is for you. We have written this article for everyone who wants to make their Google Docs in landscape orientation. Let’s start reading the article.
How to Make a Google Doc Landscape [Full Guide]
Google Docs is a really powerful real-time collaboration and document authoring tool. If you use google docs then you can allow multiple users to edit a document at the same time. And they can see every change of that document on the screen instantaneously. Users can easily produce spreadsheets, text documents, surveys, slide presentations, and drawings. Almost every time, we edit or make any document in Google docs then you will see that it is in portrait orientation. But sometimes, when you have a large table or anything that requires an extra bit of horizontal space then you need to change the page orientation from portrait to landscape. Below you are going to learn to do this.
You can easily change the page orientation in Google Docs from portrait to landscape. Also, it’s easy to change it from landscape to portrait. It depends on your document needs. You can easily change the page orientation in Google Docs from any browser, you’ll get the page setup control in the menu of the browser which you can see on the top toolbar. And android smartphone users will get the page setup from the three-dot menu and you can see this menu at the top right of the screen. Read below to get a step-by-step detailed guide on this.
How to make a google doc landscape in browser
Here, you will see the setting that you have to use to control the page orientation of your Google Docs document. You can choose between portrait and landscape for the page orientation. You will see that Google Docs files are always created in portrait orientation by default. And if you will change the page orientation from portrait to landscape or from landscape to portrait in the middle of editing then some of the elements in your document may be affected. In order to check your document, it is always important to make sure that nothing bad has happened after changing the orientation of the document.
- Firstly, you’ll open the Google Docs on your PC and then you’ll open that Google docs file in which you want to change the page orientation.
- In the next step, you will click on the File tab which you will find at the top of the window.
- Now you’ll click on the Page Setup option. Check the image to know where you’ll find this option.
- After doing this, you will click on the Landscape option under Orientation and then click on the OK button.
Now, you will immediately see that the document is in a new orientation. And, you can see the comparison of a portrait document and a landscape document below.
How to make a google doc landscape in mobile
This paragraph is for all users who want to change the Google Docs page orientation on their Android smartphone or iPhone. Let’s see the process to change the page orientation in Google docs on mobile.
- First of all, you have to open a document file in the Google Docs mobile app.
- In the next step, you will click on the three dots which you will find at the top right of the screen.
- And then, a side menu will appear on your screen, you have to choose the “Page Setup” option from that menu.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Orientation” option.
- At last, you will choose the orientation which you want to use on the document and then click on the arrow to return to the document. You will find the arrow at the top left.
That’s it. Now your document is in Landscape orientation.
How to Make Documents Landscape By Default in Google Docs
If you want to make landscape page orientation by default in Google Docs then follow these steps. You just have to follow each step properly and then it will set the landscape page orientation by default in Google Docs.
- Firstly, you have to click on the File tab.
- And then you will choose the Page Setup.
- In the next step, check the Landscape option.
- After doing these steps, now you have to click on the “Set as default” button and then click on the OK button.
Note: When you are on the Page Setup menu on your device then you will see that there are a lot of other important settings, including:
- Paper size
- Page color
The paper sizes will be available in Google Docs include:
- Letter (8.5″ x 11″)
- Tabloid (11″ x 17″)
- Legal (8.5″ x 14″)
- Statement (5.5″ x 8.5″)
- Executive (7.25″ x 10.5″)
- Folio (8.5″ x 13″)
- A3 (11.69″ x 16.54″)
- A4 (8.27″ x 11.69″)
- A5 (5.83″ x 8.27″)
- B4 (9.84″ x 13.90″)
- B5 (6.93″ x 9.84″)
Additionally, you can choose any changes to make these settings the default option as well.
Final words: We’ve shared everything here about How to make a google doc landscape. And we hope, this article helped you to know about this. You can share this article with your friends who also want to know about this. Comment below if you want to ask any question regarding this, we will love to reply to you with the answer as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting our website.